Re: Problems using Vector Extensions

Brian Dessent wrote:

Did an apostrophe truck overturn on the freeway? This formatting is really terrible.

I am terribly sorry for the bad formatting, I only got aware of it after sending the mail. Won't happen again :)

This could be due to the object not being aligned to a 16 byte
boundary. Gcc relies on the platform's crt startup files to align the
stack properly prior to main(), so you should check if that is
happening. After that point gcc should keep it aligned from there on.
How can I check for proper stack-alignment? (I am terribly bad at assembly, so should any asm be required a code-snippet would be great).
I tried compiling using using "-mpreferred-stack-boundary=4" and using the aligned-attribute when defining the Vector3D-class, but neither did solve the problem.

It would help if you could post a standalone testcase that exhibits the
fault that can actually be compiled, not just snippets. And without the
apostrophe dust, obviously.
I know, but unfortunately I was not able to write a small testcase that reproduced the problem (that's the point I was trying to make when posting that last snippet), I'm working on it, though. :)

best regards

Thomas Unterthiner