Re: Building only C++ libraries

--- David Daney wrote:

> Michael Helmich wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for your encouraging answer. I tried the
> > configure option --disable-bootstrap and it worked
> > well enough for me.
> >

> That is just a time and storage space
'optimization'.  > You are using the  new compiler to
build the
> libraries not the system 'bootstrap' compiler.
> The only thing you are skipping is having the new
> compiler build itself to verify that it is working
> properly.
>
> It I were you, I would just bootstrap the new
> compiler and use that for everything.  That way you
> would know that you have a consistent set of
> toolchain components (compiler/libraries).

Thank you for the information. The manual doesn't
explain --disable-bootstrap clear enough (at least not
for me). It only says that the compiler is not
bootstrapped, but doesn't say what is done instead.
You clarified the issue for me a lot.

So far, everything works fine with the new libraries
and I hope it will stay that way. Should I run into
problems however, I will certainly follow your
guidance.

Thanks again
Michael