Re: typedef conflict in GCC and JAVA

Dhiraj.Nilange@iflexsolutions.com wrote:
From: Andrew Haley [mailto:aph-gcc@littlepinkcloud.COM] Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 5:09 PM
To: Dhiraj Nilange-DD
Cc: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: RE: typedef conflict in GCC and JAVA

Please don't top-post.

Dhiraj.Nilange@iflexsolutions.com writes:

I am doing the following #include in my source:-

#include <jni.h>

And in the compilation command my include path is
-I/opt/jdk1.5/include

That's strange.  Directories named by `-I' are searched before the
standard system include directories, so gcc should pick up the
jni_md.h in /opt/jdk1.5/include.  Is it there?

Yes the file is very much there. I also have read permission for the
file. I find it strange. What could be the issue?

Andrew.

Thanks, -Dhiraj

jni_md.h is usually a platform specific header, for example on my windows (Sun JDK 1.5) it is in the /jdk15/include/win32 directory, on linux (again sun's jdk) it is in /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_06/include/linux.

Usually you need to add a -I switch to the platform specific directory to pick it up. I presume you have not done that, and as such are picking up the GCJ version instead.

HTH
-Jim