RE: where did -minline-all-stringops go?

:
> I'm just curious about this particular flag and why it was removed.

It wasn't - it's an ix86/x86_64 switch and not supported on sparc. e.g. from the GCC 4.2 manual:

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.2.0/gcc/i386-and-x86_002d64-Options.html

    minline-all-stringops
    By default GCC inlines string operations only when destination is
    known to be aligned at least to 4 byte boundary. This enables more
    inlining, increase code size, but may improve performance of code
    that depends on fast memcpy, strlen and memset for short lengths.

In general '-m' switches are target-specific.

Rup.