This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: -nodefaultlibs and gxx_personality
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Ivan Novick <ivandn at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 14 May 2007 11:23:25 -0700
- Subject: Re: -nodefaultlibs and gxx_personality
- References: <email@example.com>
Ivan Novick <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I am trying to use -nodefaultlibs to exclude libstdc++
> but something is trying to call `__gxx_personality_v0'
> which is in libstdc++. How can one compile a simple
> C++ program without linking against libstdc++?
Link against -lsupc++. This is a smaller library which includes the
basic supporting functions required to support exception handling. It
does not include the STL.