Re: Command flags for debugging template code

On 3/27/07, John Love-Jensen wrote:
I now realize I haven't needed to do this trick in many years.  So either
the debuggers are better on the platforms I'm using and can sensically step
into inline functions, or I'm making less boo-boos.

Still, debugging templates is the main problem for me in the gnu tools for c++. Especially when there are instantiations with multiple types, in the same program.

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2006-06/msg00132.html
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2006-06/msg00128.html

But your trick does help to stop inside some template function,
regardless of the type it was instantiated for.

Thanks, regards,
Dima.