Re: gcc-help Digest 2 Apr 2007 11:02:58 -0000 Issue 2353

> Brian Dessent wrote:
>
> > Brian Dessent recommended to me to use pthread instead of win32
> >
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2007-03/msg01198.html
>
> No, I said Cygwin uses pthreads, not that you should give that as an
> option.  The configure script should know the right value without you
> specifying anything.
>
> The right value is "posix" if you must specify it, and you can get this
> by looking at the output of gcc -v on the Cygwin provided binaries.

I found out why the problem appeared with cygwin - apparently you need
to configure cygwin to use unix style linefeed (at beggining of cygwin installation
process) - I had windows style line feed causing first incorrect header to be generated -
version info starting (configargs.h) - and later on causing more problems in build scripts.

I've reconfigured cygwin and gcc build went fine. Used command lines:

../gcc-4.1.1/configure --enable-languages=c,c++
make bootstrap

Ok, now I can dig up gcc bit deeper. Thanks for your help.
--
Have a nice day!
Tarmo.

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.