Re: Error: expected expression before return

Hi John,

I am able too, but only by using nexti (and the listed source command is
left on the screen as the first line/expression of the compound statement
...).
Have you used any special flag ?

The example I sent was made of only two pieces, yet  conceivably there can
be many expressions in such a compound statement like:

(expression)                  &&
(expression)                  &&
.
.
.
(expression)

and one would like to be able to break at the particular expression/line.
Is is possible to break on the third expression of such a compound
statement ?

- Itzhack

             John Love-Jensen
             <eljay@adobe.com>
             19/03/07 14:11            Itzhack Goldberg/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
                                                                        cc
                                       MSX to GCC <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Error: expected expression
                                       before return

Hi Itzhack,

> Is there a way/flag I could introduce so that I could indeed step through
> the statement, one expression at the time ?

I'm able to step into each of the function calls, in sequence (assuming the
first one succeeds), one sub-expression at a time, using gdb.

HTH,
--Eljay