Is there a free substitute for Flexilint?

Gimpel Software has a tool that I've gotten tons of benefit from when
my employers have had a copy: FlexiLint.  It's been marvelous at
statically checking C++ code and uncovered all kinds of evil bugs.

But it's also out-of-reach expensive: $1000 for a single user.

Is there any free, or close-to-free, tool that you can recommend?

(I suspect Valgrind has some overlap in terms of what bugs the two
tools detect, but it's not going to catch stuff like misuse of
"const", etc.)