ANSI C: variable declaration

I know that ANSI C requires that all variables other than function parameters
be declared at the beginning of a block, that is, just after an opening
brace.
I've looked at the standard and have not found that.
Could anyone help me and point to the paragraph in ANSI C standard where it
is stipulated?
I would like to have it in the following form:

Document number like ISO/IEC 9899:1999 (E)
Paragraph # x.x.x
Page #
Text

Thanks in advance!