compiling 32bit c program in 64 bit

Hi,
This is my first post.
My platform: dell pentium4HT, Ubuntu 64-bit 6.10
I have a program that I would like to compile for this machine:

http://www.tau.ac.il/~itaymay/cp/rate4site.2.01.source.zip

compiling instructions:
g++ -o rate4site.exe -O3 *.cpp

I am trying to compile it but It is not working. I guess because they are
for 32 bits machines.
I have read that when I am using gcc it is trying to compile for 64 bits.
How can I force to compile for 32 bit?
Can I compile the program in other 32 bit machine and I use it in my 64
bits?

I have also tried this:

g++ -m32 -o rate4site.exe -O3 *.cpp

among several screen messages it appears repeatedly the following error:
/usr/include/gnu/stubs.h:7:27: error: gnu/stubs-32.h: No such file or
directory

I have already installed the following libraries:
 a32-libs (version 1.5ubuntu5)
 lib32stdc++6 (version 4.1.1-13ubuntu5)
 libc6-dev-i386 (version 2.4-1ubuntu12)

Thank you very much for your help!!!!