Misalignment of local SSE variables in thread function

This is a problem that I've seen in the archives and is marked as not
being a problem with gcc.  I'm not sure what the solution is though, the
simple test below runs fine using the Microsoft compiler (on windows)
and fails using gcc (3.4.5) compiler.  There is no pthreads or glib code
here.

The output shows that the second call to f(), in the thread, has a
misaligned s variable (which will crash in a SSE call).

Jon

#include <stdio.h>
#include <process.h>
#include <windows.h>