Re: Just the "compile" button

Been programming since 1983, huh? I did my first commercial app on an Apple ][e in the summer of '83 too. A custom job for an educational service unit to keep track of billing and scheduling their speech pathologists. Ah, the nostalgia...

Anyway, you probably want to run gcc from a command line. On Mac OS, you can get a command shell by going to Applications / Utilities / Terminal. This gives you a normal Unix command shell and you can use Makefiles and everything that you're probably used to. GUI IDE's are for wimps! :-)

-Dave Williss

John Jackson wrote:
Thanks v. much to Andrew and Hugh.  I'll take their
advice, and take this to another list!

Cheers,

John J

Have a burning question? Go to www.Answers.yahoo.com and get answers from real people who know.