Re: How to get a backtrace from a C module

biju64 wrote:

> I am using the GNU C library (I think)...When I do a ldd on an executable

No, you're not if you're on Solaris.  You're using Sun's C library.

>         libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libc.so.1

This is the C library.  It is not part of gcc.

>         libgcc_s.so.1 =>         /usr/sfw/lib/libgcc_s.so.1

This is libgcc.  It is part of gcc, but it is only a small support
library containing things like multiplication routines for systems
without hardware floating point.

As Eljay already pointed out, the feature you're trying to use is part
of glibc, so there is no point trying to use it if you are not on a
GNU/Linux or GNU/Hurd system.  There may still be other ways to get a
backtrace, but you would have to consult the system documentation for
Solaris.

Brian