Re: changes made to gmon-sol2.c not reflected after recompiling gcc

Hi Ian,
I am sorry for the typo, you are right I was missing the "not". My host is i386, Thank you for taking time to reply. I guess I need to get to glibc sources.

Thanks and Regards,
--Hari

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

"Hari K. Pyla" <harip@vt.edu> writes:

      I edited the following functions in gmon-sol2.c in
gcc-4.1.1/gcc/config/i386 directory
(i) monstartup()
(ii) _mcleanup()
(iii) internal_mcount()
(iv) moncontrol()
basically added some fprintf()'s,  changed the filename "gmon.out" to
"newgmon.out" in create() and  recompiled gcc with the following
options
./configure
make
make install

The changes do seem to be reflected in the new build of gcc. Is there
anything that I am missing. I appreciate you taking time to answer
this.

OK, I'm guessing that you're missing a "not" in the first sentence of the last paragraph.

The problem is most likely that gmon-sol2.c is not used.  You didn't
mention which type of host you are running on, but gmon-sol2.c is only
used on x86 Solaris systems.

On other x86 systems, including GNU/Linux, the equivalent code is
found in the C library.  On a GNU/Linux system, you will find the code
in glibc, in the csu subdirectory.

Ian