Problem with the string

hi all,
when we compile our c programs the strings which we use get defined in
read only memory.
how can i ask the gcc compiler to declare them in read-write section.
or in other words
how can i as the compiler to perform the same operation as performed
by it when we use --fno-const-strings while compiling c++ prog

thanks in advance

--
Everybody is made for some purpose. Find yours.