Re: Trouble executing an application that requires libstdc++.so.5

Venu Satuluri wrote:
Hi everyone,

An application 'pdemo' I am trying to execute gives the following error:
>$ ./pdemo
> ld.so.1: pdemo: fatal: libstdc++.so.5: open failed: No such file or directory
> Killed

So I put in a soft link to libstdc++.so.3.0.4 to the directory the app is in and called it libstdc++.so.5 and set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include '.'

Does anyone know how I can resolve these 'symbol not found' dependencies?
Cheers,
Venu

It looks like you should update your installation, e.g. by installing the relevant g++ version from source, perhaps into a different path from where your ancient version is located.