Re: Regarding SIMD features of GCC

ranjith kumar wrote:
Hi,
    I have the following queries:

1) Apart from general optimizations (enabled by -O3
flag), what is the total list of optimizations done by
gcc(GNU C compiler) for Pentium-4 processor?
ie)processor specific optimizations only

Can any one tell any source where I can find them?
An answer which comes to mind is to look in gcc/config/i386, in the source distribution.

2)Where can I find list of functions and data types defined to exploit SIMD features of Pentium-4 processor by GCC. (I am familiar with SIMD features of Pentium-4.)
How about the architecture specific include files, like <xmmintrin.h>?
From the title, I thought you might be interested in gcc-4.2 vectorization.

3) Pentium-4 has special instructions like MOVNTQ, MOVNTPS ...to enable data from XMM and MMX registers to be stored to memory using a non-temporal hint.

How to do the same in a C language?
Not unless a compiler has a feature for substituting those instructions, or you take advantage of <xmmintrin.h>.