Re: config prob no acceptable cc found in $PATH

glorfinion wrote:

>        Im  new to Linux i am using Suse.10 and KDE.  With Konsole as a shell
> environment
> as i think its called and am having problems installing an apache webserver.
> do so i need a c compiler such as GCC. I downloaded the whole box and dice
> from
> GCC 4.4.1 tarball and extracted it. I then tried to configure the GCC

You are really getting yourself off-track and confused here.

You're trying to compile a program (in this case the compiler itself)
from source, but you do not have a compiler installed.  In doing so you
are doomed to failure and making things extraordinarily more complicated
than they need be.  Forget trying to compile gcc from source.  Almost
nobody does this in practice because every linux distribution on the
face of the earth provides gcc as a simple binary package.  Run whatever
your distro uses to install packages and simply select gcc (and possibly
also additional sub-languages, such as gcc-g++, gcc-fortran, gcc-java,
whatever).  For example, "apt-get install gcc" or "yum install gcc".

A slightly longer version of this reply is
<http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2006-08/msg00180.html>.

Brian