Re: inverse error function

http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_mono/libc.html
>  >
>  > but on this page I could only find the erf()
> function,
>  > not the inverse error function.
>  > Are you sure it is in glibc?
>
> Oh no, you're absolutely right!  The complementary
> error function I
> can find, but not the inverse.
>
> Sorry,
> Andrew.

Hi there

Andrew, thanks anyway for the quick reply.

Anybody else got an idea where to find the inverse
error function?
I'm now using a solution that makes use of binary
search, but I suspect it's not very fast because I
call the erf() function appr. 10 times with each of my
erfinv() calls..

On Yahoo!7
Answers:  25 million answers and counting. Learn something new today
http://www.yahoo7.com.au/answers