RE: Specifiying alternatives to .data .bss in C source files

	// preserve variables across wakeup
	#pragma section DATA ".dataW" ".bssW" far-absolute
	#pragma section SDATA ".sdataW" ".sbssW" far-absolute -> Should
this not be near ?

In gcc we specify the section in this way:

int var __attribute__((section(".mysection"));

There is no way to separate initalized variable and uninitialized
variable: it has to done explicitly.

example:

int u_var __attribute__((section(".bssW"));
int i_var __attribute__((section(".dataW")) = 10;

Coming to addressing mode: It has to be specied in command line.
Options are -msdata=eabi, -G <NUM> -fno-common. Refer to GCC manual for
details. However refer to an earlier mail of mine to see the problems in
the full utilization of SDA in PPC by GCC.

Diab is very powerful in this sense: it allows the definition of more
SDA's than what is specified by the EABI. This is currently may not be
possible in GCC.

- Ravishankar