Issue with armeb target. compiled binary can't parse cmd line args

I'm not sure whether this is the right forum to ask this
question. Please point me to the right forum.

I built a toolchain for armeb platform using buildroot.
(gcc 3.4.6, binutils 2.16.1, uclibc 0.9.28, big endian
all static). The toolchain generally seems to work. I could
compile C and C++ programs. However, programs that parse
command line args do not
work. These programs are not seeing the command line args
correctly. They see some junk. argc points to right value
but not argv..

I've no clue on how to go about fixing this.

Any ideas?

Thanks
/kmk