Re: how to make code stay invariant

Ok, so let's threat model that....

Let's say probability of bug per line of code is p.

Let's say the number of bugs of the sort of bug you are trying to
prevent (link time corruption bugs not found on initial test) is q.

Let's say the probability of bug removal from ordinary code (by
inspection, by test, by static tool etc.) is d

So the number of bugs in the ordinary code (as written) is pN where N is
the number of lines of code in the program

The number of bugs after bug removal is with link time / corruption bugs
is pN(1-d)+q

Now you have introduced a further M lines of interface code. Assume approximately
the same bug rate, maybe less. Let's say the bug rate in the interface
code is a*p where a is a number between 0.1 and 1

So you now have (pN+apM)(1-d) == p(1+aM/N)N(1-d)

So compare the two bug rates...

pN(1-d)+q vs p(1+aM/N)N(1-d)
  or
pN(1-d)+q vs pN(1-d)+apM(1-d)

So whether you have gained anything from this activity depends on whether
 q is greater than apM(1-d)

You will have to plug you own numbers into that.

My guess is the answer is a resounding "No!" since q is so very small
compared to pM.