Name lookup in templates

Hello,

the following code snippet compiles under gcc 3.2.3 but fails to do so using
gcc 4.1.0. It is not clear to me whether this is a problem with gcc or with
my code.

The compiler tells me that it cannot convert C to an int. It seems that TFunc's
call to A::func is bound at definition time although this call depends on the
template parameter. I therefore would expect it to bind during instantiation.

namespace A {

int func (int c) { return (c + 1); }

}

template <typename Type>
int TFunc (Type t) { return A::func (t); }

class C
{
  public:

    int myint;
};

namespace A {

int func (C c) { return (c.myint + 1); }

}

int main ()
{

    C x;
    x.myint = 2;

    int y = TFunc (x);
}

The reason for this code layout is that the first definition of func
and the template reside in a header which should be included in many
source files.

The definition of Class C happens in an implementation where
namespace A is reopened in order to add an according definition for func.

It would be nice if there were a solution without getting rid of the
namespace which prevents us from having to prefix lots of names.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Michael Heissmeier