Re: static variables, the stack, the heap, and speed

Can you give a link to the article please?  Unless I'm missing
something, what the article alleges doesn't make any sense.  Static
duration variables aren't stored in the heap but rather, in the data
segment (not sure if this is proper terminology).

IIRC, heap access is the slowest and data access is the fastest, but
unless there's a strong rationale for coding with this in mind, I'd
stick to using automatic (aka stack) variables.

Noel