RE: Huge obj file size with GCC3.2!

Andrew,

Yes, the the 2 other compilers are MW CodeWarrior and SN ProDG for PS2.

After rereading your reply, I did check if I had a .bss section and GCC
does not generate one and the 2 other compilers do. That is probably the
reason why there is a 50MB difference between the outputs. Thanks,
you've shown me something I didn't know! Maybe it has something to do
with my compilation switches that I'm using which are basically -O2
minus instruction scheduling related switches as those were making the
compiler freeze on some cpp files of the project I'm working on:

-Wall -fno-common -fno-exceptions -O1 -fforce-mem
-foptimize-sibling-calls -fstrength-reduce -fcse-follow-jumps
-fcse-skip-blocks -frerun-cse-after-loop -frerun-loop-opt -fgcse
-fgcse-lm -fgcse-sm -fdelete-null-pointer-checks
-fexpensive-optimizations -fregmove -fcaller-saves -fpeephole2
-fstrict-aliasing -falign-functions -falign-jumps -falign-loops
-falign-labels

How someone can specify the compiler to generate a .bss section?
If I do not find a solution, I'll just dynamically allocate the array to
fix the problem but that would be cool to figure out the right way to do
it!

Thanks for your help,
Olivier Langlois
http://www.olivierlanglois.net