Re: mmx/sse builtins

err... oops. I guess my slocate database was out of date, they're still there.

Sorry for the noise.

Anyway, Matthieu, since the *mmintrin* files seem to be sticking
around, I'd suggest you use those instead of the __builtins for
SSE/MMX.

Brian

On 6/28/06, Tim Prince <timothyprince@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Brian Budge wrote:
> A most excellent question.  I'd like to add my own on top of that:  It
> appears that with 4.1.x, the xmmintrin.h, pmmintrin.h, etc... are
> missing.  Will they be back?

If you mean you've noticed the tendency of gcc programmers to use
alternates for code which requires data types from those headers when
compiled with commercial compilers, I doubt the trend will reverse.
As those headers appear in my gcc-4.2 installations, I don't think you
mean you suspect they will be removed from gcc.