Re: specs file for 4.1.1

Thanks Dave, that explains it. Putting the specs file where it belongs sure helps :-). All is fine now. I filed a bug wrt the misleading paragraph in the faq. Thanks!
-Gerhard

Dave Murphy wrote:
Gerhard Theurich wrote:

Hi,
I just installed the complete GCC 4.1.1 from source on a Linux-ia32 machine. Since I did not install into a system default location I wanted to set the -rpath option in the specs file as it is mentioned in the faq (in order to encode the correct seach path for the loader). So I added a file named "specs" into the same directory where cc1 is located (as per instruction in the faq). However, the specs I define in this file are _not_ picked up by any of the front-ends. In fact "gcc --print-file specs" does not return a path, just "specs". What's going on? Thanks,
-Gerhard

Isn't it supposed to go in lib/<target>/<gcc version>/specs ?

I just tried this with a cross compiler and it seems to work. Somewhere in the 4.x docs it states that you need to dump the internal specs file if you want to edit it. I can't seem to find that note atm :/

davem@NEUROMANCER ~
$ arm-eabi-gcc --print-file specs
specs

davem@NEUROMANCER ~
$ arm-eabi-gcc -dumpspecs > /e/devkitPro_test/devkitARM/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.1.1/specs

davem@NEUROMANCER ~
$ arm-eabi-gcc --print-file specs
e:/devkitpro_test/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.1.1/specs

Dave