'make check' error

Hi!

This might very well be a very stupid error on my part, but I don't seem
to be able to find any reference to it anywhere (not to mention a
solution...).

I can build a functional gcc (well, as far as can see for the bits I'm
most interested in, namely c and fortran), but somehow 'make check'
fails in a way I do not understand. This is something I can live with (I
actually have, for quite some time now), but still it's not really the
way it's meant to be...

Can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks!

Philippe

PS: this happens under Linux, which should be very standard as far as
gcc is concerned.

PPS: what I get:

make check

make[1]: Entering directory `/WORK/philippe/Compilation/Gcc'
make[2]: Entering directory `/WORK/philippe/Compilation/Gcc/fixincludes'
autogen -T /USER/philippe/Irix/Gcc_Sources/fixincludes/check.tpl
/USER/philippe/Irix/Gcc_Sources/fixincludes/inclhack.def
/bin/sh ./check.sh
/USER/philippe/Irix/Gcc_Sources/fixincludes/tests/base
Fixed:  testing.h
Fixed:  testing.h
Fixed:  AvailabilityMacros.h
Fixed:  X11/ShellP.h
Fixed:  X11/Xmu.h
Fixed:  Xm/BaseClassI.h
Fixed:  Xm/Traversal.h
Fixed:  _G_config.h
Fixed:  ansi/math.h
Fixed:  ansi/stdlib.h
Fixed:  arch/i960/archI960.h
Fixed:  architecture/ppc/math.h
Fixed:  arpa/inet.h
Fixed:  assert.h
Fixed:  bits/huge_val.h
Fixed:  bsd/libc.h
Fixed:  c_asm.h
Fixed:  com_err.h
Fixed:  ctrl-quotes-def-1.h
Fixed:  ctype.h
Fixed:  curses.h
Fixed:  fixinc-test-limits.h
Fixed:  fs/rfs/rf_cache.h
Fixed:  hsfs/hsfs_spec.h
Fixed:  ia64/sys/getppdp.h
Fixed:  internal/math_core.h
Fixed:  internal/sgimacros.h
Fixed:  internal/wchar_core.h
Fixed:  inttypes.h
Fixed:  io-quotes-def-1.h
Fixed:  iso/math_c99.h
Fixed:  locale.h
Fixed:  mach-o/dyld.h
Fixed:  machine/cpu.h
Fixed:  malloc.h
Fixed:  math.h
Fixed:  netdnet/dnetdb.h
Fixed:  netinet/in.h
Fixed:  netinet/ip.h
Fixed:  obstack.h
Fixed:  pixrect/memvar.h
Fixed:  pthread.h
Fixed:  reg_types.h
Fixed:  regex.h
Fixed:  regexp.h
Fixed:  rpc/auth.h
Fixed:  rpc/rpc.h
Fixed:  rpc/svc.h
Fixed:  rpc/xdr.h
Fixed:  rpcsvc/rstat.h
Fixed:  rpcsvc/rusers.h
Fixed:  sparc/asm_linkage.h
Fixed:  standards.h
Fixed:  stdio.h
Fixed:  stdio_tag.h
Fixed:  stdlib.h
Fixed:  string.h
Fixed:  strings.h
Fixed:  sundev/vuid_event.h
Fixed:  sunwindow/win_lock.h
Fixed:  sym.h
Fixed:  sys/asm.h
Fixed:  sys/cdefs.h
Fixed:  sys/file.h
Fixed:  sys/ioctl.h
Fixed:  sys/limits.h
Fixed:  sys/machine.h
Fixed:  sys/mman.h
Fixed:  sys/regset.h
Fixed:  sys/signal.h
Fixed:  sys/socket.h
Fixed:  sys/spinlock.h
Fixed:  sys/stat.h
Fixed:  sys/time.h
Fixed:  sys/times.h
Fixed:  sys/types.h
Fixed:  sys/ucontext.h
Fixed:  sys/utsname.h
Fixed:  sys/wait.h
Fixed:  testing.h
Fixed:  time.h
Fixed:  tinfo.h
Fixed:  types/vxTypesBase.h
Fixed:  unistd.h
Fixed:  wchar.h
Fixed:  widec.h
Newly fixed header:  architecture/ppc/math.h
Newly fixed header:  ia64/sys/getppdp.h

There were fixinclude test FAILURES
make[2]: *** [check] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/WORK/philippe/Compilation/Gcc/fixincludes'
make[1]: *** [check-fixincludes] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/WORK/philippe/Compilation/Gcc'
make: *** [do-check] Error 2