From: gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org] On Behalf Of Richard Stallman
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 1:09 PM
To: Peter Rock
Cc: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org; moglen@columbia.edu
Subject: Re: Government Requirements - Proprietary Software

    I do believe I've tried it - unless I'm doing something wrong. GNU
    Java is installed and Java enabled in my browser (Firefox 1.0.8). But
    when I click "start" from this page -
    http://www50.statcan.ca/census2006/ - I get the following message

	Your browser does not meet the minimum requirements to access this site

	This site requires that Java is enabled in your browser. To modify
	your browser, follow the steps outlined below....

I think that message comes from the site.  Can you look at the HTML and try to figure out what code causes it?

Maybe its method of testing for "Java" actually tests for Sun's Java.