Re: stdio.h: File not found?!?

Martin Krischik wrote:

> And that is strange in the sense that according to ISO 9899:1999(7.19) stdio.h
> a part of the of a propper C compiler and therfore the compiler sources
> should come with suitable stdio.h. So where is it?

That's not how it works.  GCC does not provide a C library, it is just a
compiler.  The two are completely separate.  If you are building a mingw
cross compiler I advise that you look on the mingw wiki for example
scripts that take care of this.  If you want to do it by hand you'll
need to download and install the headers and import libraries (packages
mingw-runtime and w32api) first before you build the compiler.

> Of corse: since it is a --build=x86_64-suse-linux --host=x86_64-suse-linux
> compile using  /usr/include/stdio.h should be ok as well. Or did I miss read
> the cross compile instructions completely?

That stdio.h is for native compilation, it will do you no good when
doing cross compilation to a completely separate target (like mingw.)

Brian