GCOV: problems with switch-structures?

Dear Sir, Dear Madam!

We are using the GNU Compiler Collection for the Atmel AVR Microcontroller
family (WinAVR) version 3.4.4. For test, I am using the tool GCOV. I find
it very helpful, but encountered problems testing switch-structures in
c-code. Therefore, I am running GCOV with -a -b options.
Even if I have a default case included, I never get all branches covered.
That certainly is the case, as GCOV always states one more branch, as
there really are - for I cannot create a test case that will not execute
the default case, can I? So the question is, is this a real bug? If it is
one: is it already known and is there already a fix?
The second thing I would like to ask is, if there is a tool which is able
to show the data of the gcno-files as a praphic? It would be nice if one
had the possibility to really see, what the tool is making of the
structure of my c-code.

Thank you for your response!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards

paragon AG
Jan Bausen
Entwicklung / R&D

paragon AG
Zentrale

Schwalbenweg 29
33129 Delbrück

Tel.: ++49 (0)5250 / 9762-482
Fax: ++49 (0)5250 / 9762-60
mailto:Jan.Bausen@paragon-online.de
http://www.paragon-online.de
Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche oder rechtlich geschuetzte
Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger sind,
informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese E-Mail.
Das unbefugte Kopieren dieser E-Mail oder die unbefugte Weitergabe der
enthaltenen Informationen ist nicht gestattet.

The information contained in this message is confidential or protected by
law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and
unauthorised distribution of the information contained herein is
prohibited.