Re: Inconsistent results casting double to int on x86

This seems odd to me too. I realize that floating point is not exact but that inexactness should be the same in both methods of your algorithms.

My suggestion is to dump out the listing of the code and look at it. The instruction sequence must be different and that may clue you in on why the results are different. I'm curious what you find.

Perry