Shared variables (between ELF executables)

Hello!

I want a variable to be shared between several ELF executables in the same
process image - e.g. different .so files and the program executable.

And I don't want the value of the variable to be just copied between the
executables (this is currently what happens for me) - i want all references
to the variable in all executables to be dynamically linked against the same
memory-location in a .so file.

What is the soulution? Some command-line argument to ld? Some change in the
linker script? Something with the __attribute__ stuff? Please HELP!
Sent from the gcc - Help forum at Nabble.com.