Re: RES: RES: It's possible to use folder/file path for #define (like is possible to use folder/file path into #indude statement) ? If yes, why ?

Hi Luiz,

> Please, it would have some reason to use define folders ?

Often, a #define is used to specify one of:
+ a constant
+ a macro function
+ a header guard
+ an assert that can be compiled out in release code
+ a feature exclusion trigger (stubs out the feature)

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "use define folders", but I think that
the answer is:  no, #define's are not normally used to define folders.

Folders (or directories) are created with the mkdir command, or in a GUI,
with whatever metaphor the GUI uses to create a folder.  For instance, OS X
uses Command-Shift-N key sequnce, or File > New Folder from the menu system,
in the Finder.  Whereas Apple ProDOS uses CREATE folder,DIR (defaults to
,DIR if type is omitted).

> These foldes can be used in GCC ?

No, the folders have to be pre-existing.  The pre-existing directories can
be accessed using relative paths in the #include statements, or by using the
compilation switch -I to specify where header files are located.

> Please, do you know any C/C++ (C preprocessor itself) forum for begginers ?

None which with I am familiar, that I could recommend.  I've been
programming in C from 1985-1990, and in C++ from 1990 on -- so I haven't had
much exposure to beginner forums for C and C++.

Google knows all.

And although some may consider this sacrilege, for beginner programmers I
strongly urge Java <java.sun.com> and Eclipse IDE <www.eclipse.org>, rather
than C or C++.  In particular, Java 2 SE 5.0u6 (or later), and Eclipse
3.2M5a (or whatever is the latest and greatest milestone pre-release).

Other Java IDEs that I've heard of are NetBeans and IntelliJ IDEA.  There
are probably many others, but I'm not familiar with them.

Sincerely,
--Eljay