Re: Antwort: Re: arm-elf-gcc with gcov option do not work

Franz Kaufleitner wrote:
Hi Nathan,

we do not use c++, we use simple c, so I'm not sure if your hint with the ctor function matches our problem.

gcov uses the same machinery that supports c++ dynamic initialization of static objects, which is why I asked you to try the C++ example. Did you try it? What happened? If it did work, have you tried using gcov on a C++ program? What happens?

But I've looked for crt0 and I've seen, that there is a gcrt0 (which sounds for gcov) within the standard gcc environmont but no gcrt0 within the am-elf-gcc environment.

no, gcrt0 is not specific to gcov. gcrt0 is not provided by gcc. Where is it located?

Can you give me information, from where I can get a gcrt0 for the am-elf-gcc
OR
what is the different between crt0 and gcrt0 ?
I do not know.

nathan

--
Nathan Sidwell    ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::         CodeSourcery