Re: quick question

Yes it does, but it makes things easier for people who use C.

Also, I've seen a few tests where the same app compiled in both C &
C++ ran faster in C, even though the source was identical. While this
will loose some of that speed in that it has to calculate the offsets,
it will help with the C users in easier programming. Also, it can be
used to reduce the need for mallocs and strlen() functions (linear as
opposed to constant, isn't it?), which may even show a speed
improvement, in many cases.

-Jim