Re: file size limit

"Cristian G. Rojas" wrote:

> >Does the filesystem support > 2GB files in the first place?
>
> Yes, the system does support > 2GB file size.
>
> If open() fails, I exit the program with an output statement that the file can not be
> opened.  When I try using a < 2GB file, the program continues.  And it fails when I use
> a > 2GB file.

You haven't really given enough information to help.  It would be best
if you could include a simple testcase that compiles and shows the
error.

My bet is that you aren't including all the necessary header files, and
so you are not sending the proper arguments to the open() call.  Make
sure your code compiles with -Wall with no warnings, as that should
catch most instances of missing headers.

Brian