Re: compiling on solaris 2.11 beta with awt enabled

Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
Just for the thrill of it, I'm attempting to install gcc-4.0.2 on Solaris 2.11 beta (using GNU ld and as).

When compiling awt and using xlib peer, I got some interesting linker errors. Just wondering if anybody else already did this and if there's some quick workaround (other then disabling awt).

Looking at what linker barked at, it complained about things such as undefined reference to `pthread_attr_setstackaddr@SUNW_0.9'. The man page for pthread_attr_setstackaddr says libpthread.so is where this function resides, and it is included in the link command (see bellow). Not sure what "@SUNW_0.9" part is (my guess is that is the part that confused the linker?).

Actaully, this seems to be libgcj related, not AWT related at all. I'll try bootstrapping with libgcj disabled. However, would still be nice if anybody has some advice on how to get working libgcj.