Re: gcc -mspe -misel

Frank Juergen-r58616 kirjoitti:
I use the gcc for the PowerPC with the options -mspe=yes, -misel=yes and -mabi=spe all these nice option didn't show any difference to the compilation without. So my question is did I need to develop some special code for these option ( like use some special types for the SPE engine) or is something wrong with my compiler ?
Most probably your compiler was not targeted to the right variant of PowerPC CPU... There are the 'generic', 'spe' and 'altivec' variants for PPC.
For instance the target name should be 'powerpc-eabispe' or 'powerpc-eabisimaltivec' instead of the generic 'powerpc-eabi', if wanting to produce
any code for the 'SPE' or 'e500' variant or for one of the Altivec types, or just wanting this code generation being the default. Older GCCs before
gcc-4.0 could require the target name being different for getting any code for the 'e500' type CPUs...