gcc/binutils on Solaris 2.10

Hello

I have a question concerning gcc on Solaris 2.10.
I did compile the gcc-3.4.5 with the Solaris cc-compiler,
without any troubles. "make check", does not report notable errors, so
that it seems as gcc works.

I compiled the gcc without any system flags, as "-xarch=v9", "-with-cpu=v9" or something like that.
I just changed the "--prefix" and told him to use the "as" and the "ld" of solaris with the "--with-<as|ld>" Option.

Now my question is, when I compile binutils with it, it does compile
right, at least it does not report any errors.
But when executing "make check" the check aborts when it tries to
check "ld". It is not clear to me why it abortes, as it does not report any missing lib,
or something like that.

So do I have to compile the "glibc" also, or can I use the "glibc" of solaris?
Shall I recompile the gcc with itself, to ensure that it has been compiled with a gcc?
Is it neccessary to compile the binutils or can I use the "as" and the "ld" of Solaris?
Which gcc of the installed compilers is the right gcc, as in the install directory,
there are compilers named sun-solaris-sparc-2.10.gcc and so on?

Regards
Martin Weise