setting close on exec flag on fstream object

Hi,

I am trying to port my application code from g++ 2.95 to 3.2. Following is a code block that is giving me some problem :

1. fstream f (<filename>);

2. long fd = f.rdbuf ().fd ();

3. //fnctl call on the fd to set close on exec flag.

Now, in line no.2, I found that the function fd () is no longer there in g++ 3.0 onwards. Is there another way to do this ? Can I do this using fstream object only ?

Also, function ipfx () on streams is not there in g++ anymore. What is the alternative to this ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Aseem.

--
If you are good, you will be assigned all the work.  If you are real good, you will get out of it