Re: Can collect2 just generate the c file?

Thanks. Yes, my original question was very poorly stated.

There is a '-r' option to collect2 that stops but it will delete the files unless debug is set. It appears that collect2 is not really set up to do what I was hoping to do.

One thing that would help me: can someone tell me of a platform that can and does use C++ in device drivers or kernel extensions?

Thanks to all...
Perry