migrating gcc-2.95 on SCO unix to gcc-4.0.2 to Suse Linux

Hi List,

The requirement of my current project is migrating SCO-Unix apps to
Linux . A whole lot of C/C++ apps compiled using gcc-2.95.2p11 on
SCO-Unix have to be migrated to gcc-4.0.2 on Suse-10 ,I tried
googling /searching gcc mailing lists but I am not able to come up with
something definite.

This is what i got from searching :
I need to build gcc-4.0.2 on SCO-Unix and recompile the entire
application stack , and fix errors one by one ,that could be exhausting
and very regressive when i am talking of 513 Makefiles ,and 54,675 C/C++
source files. Is this big bang approach the only way or is there some
pre-help as in:

a) things to consider before such a migration
b) issues I am likely to face while moving from gcc-2.9X to gcc-4.0.X
c) any views on the SCO-Unix to Linux angle
d) Any docs/websites which could help me

Thanks
Digz