gcc 2.95.3

Hello all:
I'm trying to compile a virtual machine library
(http://a386.nocrew.org) under SuSE 9.3 (with gcc 3.3.5), but I got various errors.
Searching the cause, I found that gcc is more strict in these days, so I tried with the old know gcc 2.95.3, and then I could compile it and the
a386.
In order to use gcc 2.95.3 I had to install binutils-2.12. As the Linux From Scratch project sugget I built it with
make LDFLAGS="-all-static"
Then I could compile the a386 library successfully.
But when I compile another correct executable program (if I compile with the default gcc) it compiles and can execute, but at the end of the execution in the console I got:
*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x0804b038 ***
Aborted
I do use free() function from malloc.h in that program, but with the newer gcc compiler it works fine.

Then when I tried a c++ source file that is  compiled with the newer gcc, I got this with the old one:

benavides@daniel:~/Desktop/banker/bankerAndrew> gcc -lstdc++ -o ban2 AlgorithmBanker.cpp
iostream.h: No such file or directory

I really want to work the library, but I don't want to continue from this until I get normal compilations. What can I do instead of use the newer gcc.

benavides@daniel~/Desktop/banker> ldd -v /opt/gcc2/bin/gcc
        linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xffffe000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/libc.so.6 (0x40034000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x40000000)

I was thinking in install another glibc, as the LFS project stays, but could be a problem to my system?
Any suggestions?

Thanks, sincerely,
Daniel Benavides