Re: auto and typedecl

Nathan Sidwell <nathan@codesourcery.com> writes:

| Peter Vandersteegen wrote:
|
| > Do the keywords 'auto' and 'decltype' already have been introduced?
| > - as described in
| > http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2004/n1607.pdf?
| > - for easier use of template expressions.
| > I have difficulty to find information concerning this problem.
| > If yes, could you please tell me where to find this information?
| > Which compiler flags help me to make them function.  From which compiler
| > version?
| > If no, is it plannend? When can I expect this addition?
|
| these are not implemented.  It's unlikely they will be implemented
| until wg21 actually commits to a particular set of semantics.

Right.  Notice that the proposal already left the Evolution Working
Group for Core.  Notice also that at the last meeting in Mont
Tremblant, Jaakko Järvi spent a fair amount with his time in Core
working on word-smithing.  The last version of the paper available in
the mailing has gone several stages of iteration of word-smithing with
core -- without having the set of semantics changed.

-- Gaby