Binary Tree for C Language

I need a binary tree similar to a std::map or a std::set,
but unfortunately, the application must be in C.  I looked
at man tsearch, but it appears to lack these capabilities
that I need:
  o general functionality of an iterator
  o ability to scan a range of the key, where no actual
    key values are known, e.g., a tree containing the
    keys 3 5 6 9 will return two values given the
    range [4...8].

Suggestions for another e-mail list or newgroup on which
to ask this question would also be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.
Mike.
--
Michael D. Berger