Re: GCJ and MySQL Connector for Java

Anthony, sorry to bother again but I do not seem to understand what's
exactly going on, which along with the fact that I am only using Linux
for a year and a half makes things even worse.

>When I said you need to force the library into you program, I meant by
>creating mysql-connector-java-3.1.8.a file and the linking with
>-Wl,--whole-archive,-lmysql-connector-java-3.1.8,--no-whole-archive.

I see, but how am I supposed to create an archive .a file from the
.jar? Doesn't this procedure involve libtool or something?

Again, sorry for asking again, but I just want to make things a little
bit clearer. I am not a programmer so please be a little bit lenient
with me :-) .

Spyros "Foucault" Stathopoulos

PS. The last trick didn't work indeed!