Re: F77 code under gcc

This is due to sh***y packaging of SUSE.
The package gcc-fortran is not on the 5-CD-version, only on
the DVD-version. The notice, that CD-version and DVD-version are
not identical is hidden quite well.

But you can find it
at

http://ftp.opensuse.org/pub/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS/inst-source/suse/i586/gcc-fortran-4.0.2_20050901-3.i586.rpm

As gfortran is evolving fast, I'd recommend using a never version,
e.g. http://quatramaran.ens.fr/~coudert/gfortran/gfortran-linux.tar.gz