Re: From:RobertBrott.10.30.2005.Need Help Installing gnu C++ compiler on windows XP

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert T Brott" <00215782@hvcc.edu>
To: <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 8:06 AM
Subject: From:RobertBrott.10.30.2005.Need Help Installing gnu C++ compiler
on windows XP

> From: Robert Brott
> Hi.  Can someone help me with the email addresses of people or the
> telephone numbers of people who can help me install the gnu C++ compiler
> on my Windows XP Toshiba LapTop Computer. I would be willing to pay money
> for someone to help me install the gnu C++ compiler on my computer.
> Looking forward to your email response. Have a nice day.

I use the Win32 port (MinGW) of said compiler:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/MinGW-5.0.0.exe?download

When you run the executable (to install MinGW to the location of your
choice) you need to be connected to the internet. Just install everything.
That will give you some stuff you don't need, but you'll be sure to have
everything you *do* need. Make sure to add the location of MinGW\bin to your
path. The C++ compiler is called g++.exe. Don't try to compile C++ code by
calling gcc.exe. (There's a MinGW mailing list if you need it -
http://www.mingw.org/lists.shtml )

Give the money to a worthy cause.